Ok, this is well overdue. Stuff has happened, like Christmas, and other things, that have delayed progress, but there has been some progress.
Here's an early listen to the third track I've been working on, Northshoremen:
It still needs the lead guitar parts adding and the backing vocals. There may yet be space for some banjo and or mandolin. If these do go in we'll make space for them by cutting bits from the accordion and existing guitar parts.
I've also made a bit of progress with a solo thing I've been working on for a while:
This isn't the latest version, but it's the last one I've got downloaded.
Today though I went back to the band stuff and had a look at Denmark Street. The bass part is full of glitches and needs completely re-recording, but this should be straightforward. In the meantime I've been fixing all the glitches in the drum track and sorting out the odd timing issue with my guitar part. Sadly the other guitar part is also going to need rerecording. Add it to the list...
On the positive side, this should be a simpler mix as we're going for a much more stripped back vibe on this track - I think.
This is the site for music, click here for my blog on other stuff
Sunday, 28 January 2018
Band on a budget - the recording process part 19
Labels: band, band on a budget, Drew Stephenson, drewstephenson.com, electric guitar, mistakes, mixing, music, new song, progress, Recording, recording on a budget, The Southern Wild, www.thesouthernwild.com
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment