info@drewstephenson.com

This is the site for music, click here for my blog on other stuff

Monday 28 August 2017

Band on a budget - the recording process part 14

Well I have been doing quite a bit more work on Words and it now sounds like this:
https://soundcloud.com/the-southern-wild/words-20170826/s-lsaXF
Still needs plenty doing to it, e.g. all the main stems will need some volume automation to bring out (and down) different bits throughout the song, the piano bits will probably need some decluttering, it still needs a couple more bits of ear candy - some kind of back vocals bits and some rhythmic bits.
Aside from all that there's a bit of in-band debate about the synth part and whether it is required or not, and this comes down to what we want the end product to sound like.
I shall be parking this one for a bit now though as I've got a bit too close to it for any objective analysis. I think it's shaping up the right way but a bit of distance is required before any next steps.

So now I just have to choose what to work on next...

No comments: